FAQ’sHome Inspection Queries
What is Professional Home Inspection?
What is the Home Inspection Coverage?
Home Inspection is a
- non-invasive, visual examination of all accessible areas (systems & components) of a property
- using modern technology and specialized tools
- uses normal operating controls,
- is designed to describe the condition of the systems and components,
- identifies and reports issues within specific systems and components,
- reports issues (with relevant pictures) that are both observed and deemed critical by the inspector,
- generates software driven inspection reports
Who can avail your services?
Areas of Inspection
Interior Living Space (Bedrooms | Living | Dining | Hall Areas | Alleys, etc)
Bathrooms, Kitchens, Lofts, Balconies, Servants’ Quarters, Lobby Area, Garages, etc.
Site | Attached Structure, Exterior (Stairs | Steps | Ramps | Walkways | Railings | Hand rails | Driveways, etc)
Systems & Components Inspected
Ceilings | Walls | Floors | Doors | Windows
Electrical system | Plumbing system and fixtures
Cabinets and countertops | Applicable installed appliances, etc.
Ventilation & Exhaust systems | Water Supply | Heating and air conditioning system
- Material Types
- Installation & Finishing,
- Operations & Functionality,
- General Safety
- The 3 D Inspection of Issues – Detect the Issues, Describe the outcome, Direct rectification options.
- Each issue is backed by a coloured picture of the issue.
Does it apply to only new property?
The services can be availed by Home Owner / Buyer, Home Sellers, Builders/Developers, Real Estate Agents, Interior Designers, Architects, GOI / State Governments, Lenders, Insurance Companies, City Building Department. We also inspect commercial, retail school, office properties.
What are the benefits of a Home Inspection?
Home inspection applies to Ongoing Construction, Newly Completed Properties, Older Properties, Ancient Properties. Residential Apartment Complex, Single Building Apartments, Bungalows, Commercial Properties. All kinds of properties can be inspected. We also inspect commercial, retail school, office properties, etc.
How will the inspection help me determine the condition of the home?
Benefits of Home Inspection to a home owner / buyer
- Provides an extra level of security and helps plan for the future in one’s home.
- Peace of Mind: The home which is one of the largest investments that is made in anyone’s lifetime is for most part a solid and safe home.
- Warning signals: Provide an in-depth analysis that can spotlight not just current needed repairs but also issues that may become a problem in the future.
- Forecast & Plan Potential Future Expenses
- Uncover Safety Issues
- Reveal Possible Pest, Termite & Insect Problems
- Price Negotiations
- Negotiate Seller Repairs
- Home Inspection is Relatively Inexpensive
Benefits of Home Inspection to a Real Estate Developer
Home Inspectors become their eyes and ears of and help in the following ways:
- It is not possible for promoters or their senior management to continuously monitor each and every apartment and / or each & every aspect of construction.
- Developers / Senior Management are dependent on their contractors’ / shop floor managers to ensure cohesive construction and finishing of dream homes.
- Home Inspection can provide a third party audit on behalf of the developers as a quality assurance on the construction and finishing of units.
- Home inspections can save developers substantial money and effort by assuring quality control over work done by contractors even when they are not actually on-site.
- With enactment of Real Estate Regulation and Development Act, 2016, it can provide further assurance to developers on quality control of the homes being built by them.
- Give developers peace of mind by assuring that the construction is being done correctly
- Add to their credibility and professionalism. Help their brands to grow.
Why should I have a professional Home Inspection?
Home inspection is just like a health check up of a home. It provides an in depth report mentioning exhaustively all the elements / components of the home that is being inspected, materials used, and any issues / defects / anomalies that need special attention. The report is self explanatory and helps the client to understand the condition, otherwise we are always a call away.
How long does an inspection take?
Home is one of the biggest investment one make in one’s life time. A large part of our savings goes into buying our dream homes, furnishing it and then paying stamp duty / brokerage, etc
All of us wants our dream home to be as we have envisaged……. safe – sound – secured.
We should and have the right to know “How Healthy our Homes are”. We need to get a Complete Health Check-up of our dream homes just the way we get a complete checkup of our body.
Do I need to be present during the Inspection?
For a home of approx. 2000 square feet, a team of 5 members take approximately 4-5 hours to complete the inspection.
How do I prepare for a Home Inspection?
Ideally, yes. The goal of a home inspection is not just to inspect the property, but also to educate the homeowner or potential buyer about the property's condition. This is better achieved if you are present at the time of the inspection. It is especially important to be present during our inspection. By accompanying the inspector, you will have the opportunity to:
- See the condition of each key component throughout the house and property first hand, get a better understanding of the home and of the resulting inspection report.
- Ease any concerns about findings which may seem distressing on paper but are in fact superficial. For example, the inspector might explain that an unsightly column needs only a coat of paint.
- Have all of your questions and concerns addressed immediately as they arise.
Can a house fail a Home Inspection?
I have to make an appointment with the home inspector, call him / her over on a particular day for inspection. I should make sure the house / apartment is easily accessible and all areas within the home are accessible, and not locked. As far as possible, the areas should not have furnishings to enable ease of access of each and every system / component of all the areas of the house being inspected. Also all areas must be clean for a smooth and proper inspection to take place.
What if a Home Inspection reveals problems?
No. A professional home inspection is an examination of the current condition of a house. It is not an appraisal, which determines market value. It is not a municipal inspection, which verifies local code compliance. A home inspector, therefore, will not pass or fail a house, but rather describe its physical condition and indicate what components and systems may need to be kept under observation, or needs repair / replacement.
If the house proves to be in good condition, did I really need an inspection?
No house is perfect. If the inspector identifies problems, it doesn’t mean you should or shouldn’t buy the house, only that you will know in advance what to expect. If your budget is tight, or if you don’t want to become involved in future repair work, this information will be important to you. If major problems are found, a seller may agree to make repairs.
For items that require repair or replacement, will the inspector tell me the costs of each?
Definitely. Now you can complete your home purchase with confidence. You’ll have learned many things about your home from the inspector’s written report, and will have that information for future reference.
Does MACJ – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections make the actual repairs on their report findings?
Will the inspector forward the report to other agents and clients involved in the home sale?
The inspector can give you an estimate if you ask for it. However, final cost will be provided by the specialists resolving / repairing the defects.
Can you email me the Home Inspection report?
Why should I choose MACJ – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections over a competitor?
No. We maintain complete confidentiality.
How much do I spent for an Inspection?
- A leading USA brand – A Buyer’s Choice Home Inspections
- Pioneering the industry in India
- Standardized procedures, successfully accepted in 19 countries, increase confidence
- Inspection tailored to Indian conditions
- Indian Team has experience in the Real Estate / Service Industry
- Professional team trained for inspection as per international practice.
- Latest Technology
- Specialized tools & equipment
- Software driven reports with pictures of relevant issues.
- Value-added / Additional services
Home Inspection is Relatively Inexpensive - Less than 0.5 % of the amount spent on buying / making your home.
: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in H:\root\home\businessclimber-001\www\bdrpl\wp-content\themes\elos\footer.php(7) : eval()'d code(11) : runtime-created function(1) : eval()'d code
on line 3